Monday, July 13, 2009

Thing 5

Exciting and Overwhelming!!!!
All the information and ideas make absolute sense and just flow naturally into the entire learning experience. It almost makes too much sense- I feel this fluidity opens up so much in the way of possibilities: how do I manage keeping all of my students on the right path and making the best use of their time? How do I bring this exorbinate amount of information into a manageable bite for third graders? How do I bring parents into this world of education? Many questions- but the enthusiasm about the world and it's opportunities will assist me in helping myself and leaning on the experience and advise of others.

3 comments:

  1. I think you answered your questions in your previous post: "The ability to instill in our students the importance of being able to problem solve and to become active participants in their own learning." It's the teachers job to help them to love learning because they'll need to do it the rest of their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, exciting and overwhelming!!! I will be moving from preschool to third grade this fall so I am trying to figure out the most meaningful way to use these tools with third graders. I feel that the web provides many opportunities to include parents in their child's learning as well as a fantastic communication tool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you Terry that there is now so much information lingering at our fingertips now with all this new tech knowledge! I was just wondering myself how I am going to transfer some of this knowledge to my students and parents. It would be great to immerse them into the latest technology. I think we will have some advantage in beginning the year with the Smartboard and the 3M technology. Here we go....let's do it!!

    ReplyDelete